My Mind has NEVER been healthier.

June 21, 2014

This traveling thing… IS AWESOME.

I went from having never been off of the East coast to seeing (what feels like) every corner of England in two weeks.

I feel fantastic.

I am also having to embrace these two drastically different cultures, at the same time, and keep my ducks in a row.  I would say that I am doing very well. The best part is, I haven’t had a mental break down yet. I haven’t ate an entire pie, or punched any walls, or drank a whole bottle of vodka due to stress. (yes, unfortunately, these three things have been my go to options for dealing with stressful situations in the past) I have been drinking in moderation, finishing my work, and have little time to eat more than a tiny portion for each meal.

Also, this trip has proved that even in completely different environments with people I don’t know my personality is a keeper. I have always been a very different soul. I believed that they few close friends I have acquired over the years were only inclined to like me because they were as equally crazy and weird and messed up as I am. However, even the sorority girls enjoy my presence. I’m in a great place for finding the deepest parts of myself and realizing what I value about my personality. Like I have said, the mind must be healthy in order for the body to stay equally fit.

My runs keep slowly turning into 8 mile hikes around the city. Which I love. So my exercise front is going really well. This week a girl from my house and I are going to hit the gym! I need to lift some weights other than my shopping bags.

Now… FOOD.

“Everything in moderation” American’s are not doing it right. We think moderation is one whole pizza in one setting then no more pizza for a year. WRONG. Europe has their food game together. I am literally eating my way through Europe. I will try everything and anything.  St. Ives played host to me making my way into every interesting shop and asking them “What are you famous for?” boom. I tried some great stuff, just a couple of bites then gave the rest away. Healthy moderation= happiness and a yummy experience.

I will once again leave you will some of my documented food conquests.

Until next time, toot-a-loo.

M&S croissant (freshly baked), ham (that my favorite deli lady cut for me right off the bone),  and a free range egg... uhm. yes. so much yes. I had this for lunch one day last week.

M&S croissant (freshly baked), ham (that my favorite deli lady cut for me right off the bone), and a free range egg… uhm. yes. so much yes. I had this for lunch one day last week.

My new favorite, Cream Tea.

My new favorite, Cream Tea.

Categories: Uncategorized.

Comment Feed

No Responses (yet)

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.